WELCOME~

Growing up in a small town, we didn't have housing developments. What we had were streets lined mostly with trees and homes built by individuals. I remember when a small housing development began across town and I couldn't help but think how weird it was that a bunch of mostly identical homes were being built so close to each other... it was stark,ugly, and made me uncomfortable. I remember thinking I'd never live in a housing development..I'd always be in my own unique space. I was very young and I was very wrong. I didn't end up in a sunny cottage on the edge of town or a small farm out in the boonies.. I have landed in a house that's just like every 4th or 5th house in a housing development in small town suburbia. I realized that regardless of where you are..or what cookie cutter home one lives in, there are a buh-zillion and one ways to make it your own. From my own little suburban *cottage* you will find me posting anything from cooking to sewing to flower watching.. people watching, short stories, poetry, rants, raves and anything else you can imagine~ Please stay awhile, explore all little parts of my life. You may find your self, laughing, rolling your eyes, disgusted, inspired, aggravated, happy, ect ect ect..
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my joy~

Monday, April 2, 2012

More TuTu

It's been a few days since I have posted.. sorry!  Since Thursday afternoons post I walked yet again that day. This time at Lincoln Hills Golf Course. I watched my son's golf tournament. I tried to get a few decent pictures.. But I ended up with only a couple..



 I love both of the pics.. it's so quiet and peaceful and serene. I enjoy the scenery as much as watching my son and his team golf.

Now.. On to the TUTU.. This was made for Kylie, My 3 yr old grand-princess.. I made the (earlier posted) pink one for my 2 yr old grand-princess, Chloe, for their birthdays!
I was excited to make and give the tutus to them, they yanked them out of their gift bags and promptly threw them on the ground without so much as a nod of excitement!  LMAO! They swiftly moved onto bigger and better toys .. It's hard to compete with  toy baby strollers and baby beds. But I know them well enough to know that they will get a bee in their bonnet soon enough and play dress up.. especially Chloe, she is my lil toughy gurl..
***

This is Kylie.. she gets the purple tutu..
***

This is Chloe.. the owner of the pink tutu. I have a feeling she will be wearing both tutus..

****


 I didn't get my necklace frame finished like I thought I would.. and I have 2 dresses and hopefully a blanket to make this week .. and then there is the chair that needs to be recovered... and the big square on my wall that needs to be painted.. and all the yo-yo's I need to work on and all the hurr appts I have too.. .some weeks are free.. some weeks are packed to the brim!! 


*LUVZ**


No comments:

Post a Comment