WELCOME~

Growing up in a small town, we didn't have housing developments. What we had were streets lined mostly with trees and homes built by individuals. I remember when a small housing development began across town and I couldn't help but think how weird it was that a bunch of mostly identical homes were being built so close to each other... it was stark,ugly, and made me uncomfortable. I remember thinking I'd never live in a housing development..I'd always be in my own unique space. I was very young and I was very wrong. I didn't end up in a sunny cottage on the edge of town or a small farm out in the boonies.. I have landed in a house that's just like every 4th or 5th house in a housing development in small town suburbia. I realized that regardless of where you are..or what cookie cutter home one lives in, there are a buh-zillion and one ways to make it your own. From my own little suburban *cottage* you will find me posting anything from cooking to sewing to flower watching.. people watching, short stories, poetry, rants, raves and anything else you can imagine~ Please stay awhile, explore all little parts of my life. You may find your self, laughing, rolling your eyes, disgusted, inspired, aggravated, happy, ect ect ect..
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my joy~

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Daffodil Silly!

 I fast forwarded through my walk this morning because I have a few things I needed to do before afternoon and one of them happened to be to replant two planters out back..I figured I'd stop in at Lowes and pick up some pretty blooms!  WRONG!  I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I was at the lack of choices there..I walked around for 45 minz trying to find SOMETHING that tickled my floral fancy and I finally gave up..
So I exited Lowes and went to this new lil' grocery store called 'The Neighborhood Market'. I assumed it would be overpriced and snooty... I was sooo wrong.. The prices were reasonable and everything was fresh and neatly displayed.. I LIKED IT!! I got over 3 lbs of skinless, boneless chicken boob for $7 bux!
 But the best all-time part is I found little bunches of Daffodils for only $1.49!  HA! My need for flowers was not to be denied!!  And this is what I did with them!

The first thing I did was go right outside to my raised container filled with wild flowers, it grew from a seed packet I threw in last year.. ( suddenly there is clover all over my back yard..oops) and I clipped some of the blue flowers you see here..
flowers gone wild.. hahaha
***


Then I gathered my supplies. See my Daffydillz??
***


 Then I measured how much of the stems I wanted to clip off the daffs by holding it up to the outside of the vase. I forgot to take a pic of the clippings.. but NGL!
~Pardon the background in all the pics please~
***


Then I added the blue flowers one at a time and pulled the bottom leaves off so they don't crud up the water. And even tho' you seen ribbon in the supply pic I ended up not using it. Wise choice~
How cute is this lil bunch of flowers?  So simple and natural. The total price was $3.
***



Time for Lunch!

See you laterzz!!  **LUVZ**

No comments:

Post a Comment