WELCOME~

Growing up in a small town, we didn't have housing developments. What we had were streets lined mostly with trees and homes built by individuals. I remember when a small housing development began across town and I couldn't help but think how weird it was that a bunch of mostly identical homes were being built so close to each other... it was stark,ugly, and made me uncomfortable. I remember thinking I'd never live in a housing development..I'd always be in my own unique space. I was very young and I was very wrong. I didn't end up in a sunny cottage on the edge of town or a small farm out in the boonies.. I have landed in a house that's just like every 4th or 5th house in a housing development in small town suburbia. I realized that regardless of where you are..or what cookie cutter home one lives in, there are a buh-zillion and one ways to make it your own. From my own little suburban *cottage* you will find me posting anything from cooking to sewing to flower watching.. people watching, short stories, poetry, rants, raves and anything else you can imagine~ Please stay awhile, explore all little parts of my life. You may find your self, laughing, rolling your eyes, disgusted, inspired, aggravated, happy, ect ect ect..
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my joy~

Monday, April 2, 2012

If you like garlic and pickles.. click here!!

Hi people!

 I wanted to post this faaantastic garlic pickle recipe.. it's easy and quick.. no canning process involved!!

Easy Garlic Pickles
1 large cucumber
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup white vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons chopped white onion
1 Tablespoon salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
1& 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes


Peel and slice your cucumber into small even slices, place in a  heat proof dish and set aside.
Combine, water, vinegar, garlic, onion,salt, sugar and pepper flakes into a small sauce pan and heat til boiling.. stirring occasionally and let boil for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat and pour over cucumber slices.. Stir together to combine, cover and place in fridge for at least 15 mins..
 Now.. this recipe is great.. but i changed it up a little and did 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup vinegar and cut the salt back by half since I upped the vinegar. 
You can stick to the original recipe and it is fantastic.. but I like mine tangy and spicy.  You can play around with this recipe.. its easy and delicious~
 These pickles keep in the fridge for a week or so as well.. the longer they are in the liquid the softer and  more flavorful they get.. but I use mine right away..
Cucumber, white vinegar, water,garlic, red pepper flakes, onion, salt &sugar
*

Peel and slice your cucumber.. set it aside
*

 Combine everything except cucumber in a small pan over medium heat, boil for 2 minutes..
*

Pour liquid over cucumber slices and stir to combine.
*
Cover and let it vacation in the fridge at least 15 minz..
I always eat a few while they are warm.. can't help myself!!
*

Turkey Sub smothered with my yummy garlic pickles!!
***
 Hope you love this recipe!!


LUVZ LUVZ LUVZ!!



No comments:

Post a Comment