WELCOME~

Growing up in a small town, we didn't have housing developments. What we had were streets lined mostly with trees and homes built by individuals. I remember when a small housing development began across town and I couldn't help but think how weird it was that a bunch of mostly identical homes were being built so close to each other... it was stark,ugly, and made me uncomfortable. I remember thinking I'd never live in a housing development..I'd always be in my own unique space. I was very young and I was very wrong. I didn't end up in a sunny cottage on the edge of town or a small farm out in the boonies.. I have landed in a house that's just like every 4th or 5th house in a housing development in small town suburbia. I realized that regardless of where you are..or what cookie cutter home one lives in, there are a buh-zillion and one ways to make it your own. From my own little suburban *cottage* you will find me posting anything from cooking to sewing to flower watching.. people watching, short stories, poetry, rants, raves and anything else you can imagine~ Please stay awhile, explore all little parts of my life. You may find your self, laughing, rolling your eyes, disgusted, inspired, aggravated, happy, ect ect ect..
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my joy~

Monday, April 23, 2012

Crashburgers and Spicy Pickles~

If you havent had a crash burger then you are totally missing out!!
 These little burgers are packed with huge taste,, fresh, juicy and crazy goooood!
 You will be surprised at how easy they really are.. when you first read this you will think it's a normal burger.. but it's NOT!  I SWEAR!.. it's better than you can ever imagine  ..

 Behold.. the Crashburger ( smothered in my spicy pickles)
See? You are thinking, "hey...that's a regular hamburger".. STOP! it isn't.. first of all it has my homemade Spicy Pickles on it!! and second of all.. probably most importantly... you have to make one to be a believah~

So read on doubtful soul~

Follow the directions
 First preheat your griddle ( yes, you need the griddle).. I used my griddle on the grill.

You start with the freshest of ground beef.. I use 80/20 because you need the little bit of extra fat. Then make a ball of ground beef about the size of a lemon or 4 oz .
 I season it with sea salt, fresh ground pepper and Garlic seasoning.. just a touch.

*****




Next drizzle your griddle with good olive oil.. 
then place your burgerball on the griddle.. let it sear
 then flip to sear again..doing this helps keep the burger together..
sear and flip

see? Both sides are seared
*****




 and finally flatten it .I flatten it, then turn my flattener thingy about 1/4 of a turn.. then  I repeat once or twice more til I have it a uniform flatness. I know we have all been told to not handle the beef as much as it makes it tough.. but trust me on this.. a few flattening turns won't make it tough.. It's magic.. just go with it.
*****
This is my panini weight thingy i used to flatten my crashburger~ There IS a burger under it.
see how flat and pretty it is? Kinda looks like an all beef flower! haha
 Let this cook until the pink juices start pooling in the crevices on the patty, flip it once and let it finish cooking.
*****
the flipped crash burger~ 
while you are letting it finish cooking you can
place your bunz on the grill to toast at this time.. and you can also place your cheese on your burger if so inclined!
*****



~SERVE HOT~

 Wa-La!

YUUUM YUUUM YUUUM YUUUM YUUUM
 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment