WELCOME~

Growing up in a small town, we didn't have housing developments. What we had were streets lined mostly with trees and homes built by individuals. I remember when a small housing development began across town and I couldn't help but think how weird it was that a bunch of mostly identical homes were being built so close to each other... it was stark,ugly, and made me uncomfortable. I remember thinking I'd never live in a housing development..I'd always be in my own unique space. I was very young and I was very wrong. I didn't end up in a sunny cottage on the edge of town or a small farm out in the boonies.. I have landed in a house that's just like every 4th or 5th house in a housing development in small town suburbia. I realized that regardless of where you are..or what cookie cutter home one lives in, there are a buh-zillion and one ways to make it your own. From my own little suburban *cottage* you will find me posting anything from cooking to sewing to flower watching.. people watching, short stories, poetry, rants, raves and anything else you can imagine~ Please stay awhile, explore all little parts of my life. You may find your self, laughing, rolling your eyes, disgusted, inspired, aggravated, happy, ect ect ect..
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my joy~

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Delicious & Simple Spring Lunch~



When it comes to food there is a time to be contrived and a time to get back to the basics.. and that's what I did today with my simple chicken salad

My Ingredients
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, poached
1-2tbsp finely chopped red onion
1-2 tbsp finely chopped celery
chopped dill
6 or 7 grape tomatoes halved or quartered
2 tsp lemon juice
light mayo
salt and pepper to taste
(((Makes 2 normal size sandwiches)))

Mix  the red onion, celery, chopped dill, and chicken together,
then stir in the mayo to your taste but be aware that when you add the teeny tomatoes it will add some moisture, (I like my chicken salad with less mayo).
Now add the lemon juice, stirring nicely.
Last, add the tomatoes incorporating them gently. 
Salt and pepper to taste. 


I layered my chicken salad on de-crusted white bread and garnished it with pepperocinis and added a pretty and tasty fruit mix along with a large refreshing sparkling lemonade!


tips
I poached my chicken breast with garlic seasoning. I placed it in the refridge to chill over night as it makes the chicken firm up a bit , easier to chop and shred with a sharp knife..or 2. 
This is also a pretty healthy chicken salad. There is only the light mayo in it and if you don't drown your salad in it, it should remain healthy. I know I shouldn't use white bread.. but tough.. I love it.. hahahahaa
 I hope you take a moment to play around with this recipe.. it is very basic and simple. but you can easily contrive it all up with grapes, nuts, red pepper strips.. ect...ect...ect...
But I love it this way.. Simple Chicken Salad~

LUVZ~~~~

2 comments:

  1. That looks really yummy, sure would love to come and hang out wif ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Do it! Be here by Mothers Day, we are having a bash!!

    ReplyDelete