WELCOME~

Growing up in a small town, we didn't have housing developments. What we had were streets lined mostly with trees and homes built by individuals. I remember when a small housing development began across town and I couldn't help but think how weird it was that a bunch of mostly identical homes were being built so close to each other... it was stark,ugly, and made me uncomfortable. I remember thinking I'd never live in a housing development..I'd always be in my own unique space. I was very young and I was very wrong. I didn't end up in a sunny cottage on the edge of town or a small farm out in the boonies.. I have landed in a house that's just like every 4th or 5th house in a housing development in small town suburbia. I realized that regardless of where you are..or what cookie cutter home one lives in, there are a buh-zillion and one ways to make it your own. From my own little suburban *cottage* you will find me posting anything from cooking to sewing to flower watching.. people watching, short stories, poetry, rants, raves and anything else you can imagine~ Please stay awhile, explore all little parts of my life. You may find your self, laughing, rolling your eyes, disgusted, inspired, aggravated, happy, ect ect ect..
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my joy~

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tu Tu Adorable~

So I'm just getting ready for my walk... woke up late, everything is late.. blah blah blah.. I wanted to post the picture of my handmade gift for a princess.. It's one of 2, as in I haven't made the second one yet.. as I have 2 princesses with a birthday in March...

Its a lil pink and white tutu for my granddaughter Chloe! She loves dress up!! There is also a matching headband.   The second one is purple and white, not finished so no picture yet.. soon tho..
 Loves IT!!
 I'll be back later...
 LUVZ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7aSPMEn7S0

 This is the tutorial I based my pattern from.. I didn't use ribbon tho.. I used elastic and wrapped the elastic around something round and started tying my tulle on using a double knot.. I based the amount of elastic to use on the childs waist size minus 2 inches..I love the ribbon idea but I knew my daughter would kill me if I used a ribbon and she was tying the tutus on 2 little girls alllllllllllllll the time..
 after applying allll the tulle I also went through and tied different colors of smaller ribbon throughout the tut.. and I also plumped each strip of tulle right at the knot to make it even fuller.. Its cuuute..


Kylie playing dress up~

No comments:

Post a Comment