WELCOME~

Growing up in a small town, we didn't have housing developments. What we had were streets lined mostly with trees and homes built by individuals. I remember when a small housing development began across town and I couldn't help but think how weird it was that a bunch of mostly identical homes were being built so close to each other... it was stark,ugly, and made me uncomfortable. I remember thinking I'd never live in a housing development..I'd always be in my own unique space. I was very young and I was very wrong. I didn't end up in a sunny cottage on the edge of town or a small farm out in the boonies.. I have landed in a house that's just like every 4th or 5th house in a housing development in small town suburbia. I realized that regardless of where you are..or what cookie cutter home one lives in, there are a buh-zillion and one ways to make it your own. From my own little suburban *cottage* you will find me posting anything from cooking to sewing to flower watching.. people watching, short stories, poetry, rants, raves and anything else you can imagine~ Please stay awhile, explore all little parts of my life. You may find your self, laughing, rolling your eyes, disgusted, inspired, aggravated, happy, ect ect ect..
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my joy~

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Rustic Chips & Salsa~





Easy to make and even easier to eat, these rustic little seasoned triangles of joy will become your new addiction!
  If you are like me and think that Chips & Salsa should be listed on the meal part of menus and not just the appetizer list then you are going to LOVE this recipe. If you can call it a recipe.
   Here's how ya do it..

You need small corn tortillas
or
Small flour tortillas
or both if you prefer
Olive oil
Salt
Chili Powder
Garlic seasoning
a small non stick saute or frying pan
a pizza cutter
tongs
Salsa
Lots of something to drink

On medium heat, let your olive oil get hot..
toss in a tortilla and swirl it in the oil and quickly turn it over. 
Then sprinkle your chili powder, garlic seasoning and salt. Easy on all 3 seasonings, these really don't need much  and you can easily over do it. On the corn tortillas I skip the salt.
Let the tortilla cook on both sides browning and crisping, then remove from heat to a cutting board. You will need to cut the CORN tortillas immediately into triangles. The flour tortillas may cool for awhile before you cut them. 
Every 3 or 4 tortillas you will want to wipe out your pan, The salt and chili powder accumulate and need to be removed from the bottom of your pan, it's easy.. grab a wad of paper towels and wipe and set aside for repeat.
 You may also need to add oil as you go, just don't over do it.
 The chips aren't like your crispy store bought kind, these will remain bendable ( the better to scoop with.. oh My!)
 And I am betting your faves will be the flour chips, They are lightly crispy on the outside and warm and soft on the inside. They are more filling than the corn chips and tastier. I always like to add a few of the corn tortilla chips tho.. Try them warm . 

Flour Tortilla
~

Corn Tortilla
~




How gorgeous is THAT??   Ready to be devoured!

click the link below for the salsa recipe ~



 ~E N J O Y~





   

No comments:

Post a Comment