WELCOME~

Growing up in a small town, we didn't have housing developments. What we had were streets lined mostly with trees and homes built by individuals. I remember when a small housing development began across town and I couldn't help but think how weird it was that a bunch of mostly identical homes were being built so close to each other... it was stark,ugly, and made me uncomfortable. I remember thinking I'd never live in a housing development..I'd always be in my own unique space. I was very young and I was very wrong. I didn't end up in a sunny cottage on the edge of town or a small farm out in the boonies.. I have landed in a house that's just like every 4th or 5th house in a housing development in small town suburbia. I realized that regardless of where you are..or what cookie cutter home one lives in, there are a buh-zillion and one ways to make it your own. From my own little suburban *cottage* you will find me posting anything from cooking to sewing to flower watching.. people watching, short stories, poetry, rants, raves and anything else you can imagine~ Please stay awhile, explore all little parts of my life. You may find your self, laughing, rolling your eyes, disgusted, inspired, aggravated, happy, ect ect ect..
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my joy~

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lovely things! Pictures as Promised~

welp.. I got my walk in.. It wasn't sunny but the weather was pleasantly cool and that made for nice walking.. i did get some pics.. probably too many.. and in the future I promise to keep them fewer.. hahahaha.. I took many of these for a beginning and plan to follow them throughout the spring and summer to see how things change up and grow..Be sure to click on the photos as they show better on a bigger screen..And keep in mind these are just pictures of random landscaping and things I see on my walk.. there are a couple of pics of my own house ( and pee pee lawn).
LOVE THIS GUY"S GRASS!! it's so pretty and green.. while mine looks like someone pee'd all over it..
                                                                                ***

This picture doesn't do the landscaping justice.. one more reason for me to get my good camera out and drag it with me..The over all look is welcoming and cute.. kind of downhome suburbia.
***

This may not look great now.. but I can hardly wait til it grows and fills in over the season.
***

Lovely blooming tree.. wanted to get closer but  cop car was in the driveway of this house.. hahahaha
***


A 'little' over done, but I love this simply for that fact. Someone loves their front walk and I give them 5 seed packets up!
***

ABSOLUTELY LOVE  this little corner of someones front yard!
***


How cute is this wheelbarrow.. or whatever it is??Love the patina.. I hope later on this season there are pretty vines or flowers cascading over the sides.. I want THIS!
***

The blue is stunning, especially against the washed out look of the little bench behind it and the big river pebbles around it..
***

And this is my house.. click on it to open it up larger.. I need ideas or something to brighten it up.. it needs color.. 
***

Closer pic of my front lawn.. see the pee pee looking grass??
***

FAIL!!!
***

So.. there is my walk for the day.
 More later tonight.. Loves~

No comments:

Post a Comment