WELCOME~

Growing up in a small town, we didn't have housing developments. What we had were streets lined mostly with trees and homes built by individuals. I remember when a small housing development began across town and I couldn't help but think how weird it was that a bunch of mostly identical homes were being built so close to each other... it was stark,ugly, and made me uncomfortable. I remember thinking I'd never live in a housing development..I'd always be in my own unique space. I was very young and I was very wrong. I didn't end up in a sunny cottage on the edge of town or a small farm out in the boonies.. I have landed in a house that's just like every 4th or 5th house in a housing development in small town suburbia. I realized that regardless of where you are..or what cookie cutter home one lives in, there are a buh-zillion and one ways to make it your own. From my own little suburban *cottage* you will find me posting anything from cooking to sewing to flower watching.. people watching, short stories, poetry, rants, raves and anything else you can imagine~ Please stay awhile, explore all little parts of my life. You may find your self, laughing, rolling your eyes, disgusted, inspired, aggravated, happy, ect ect ect..
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my joy~

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

First of all.. sorry for all the typos on my first post.
Now, today's walk was a quickie. After all of yesterdays excitement one would imagine I woke up totally pumped up to walk, but the truth is, I had to force myself to do it. However, I wasn't let down either. Again, I didn't have my camera because I forgot to charge it the night before, tomorrow I will simply take my phone and get pics with that for now..
Even tho it was overcast, windy and cold outside I still walked. After about 3 minutes.. and a farther from my house, I took in the cold wind on my face.. the smell of rain in the air and forged on. I paid less attn to the scenery and tuned into my thoughts. 
  I've been increasingly unmotivated to do ANYTHING in the last 3 or 4 months. I feel a little crazy because of it. My motto has been , "always find the joy", but it gets harder and harder each day. I guess it takes practice and respect and thoughtfulness and this all leads back to being unmotivated to do ANYTHING. It's a crazy merry-go-round.
  I suppose the fault isn't entirely my own, but I'm hesitant to use the word fault, or blame, or any word that transfers responsibility to someone or something else.
But if I did, I'd say it was the economy, my relationship with my husband, the lack of a job, or any number of things. I know there can be extenuating circumstances, but my reaction and how I deal with life is my choice, my call. So why aren't I dealing with it??
 So since I sat down to write this post, my son has text me, needs an umbrella, so I had to find that. The dogs want in and out to pee. Fed ex has just delivered golf balls. And then I had to pee. I'm thoroughly aggravated that I can't seem to be able to do ANYTHING from start to finish without stopping to do a million other little things.
This is the son who constantly calls me for everything he always forgets..BUT he is my retirement plan.. LOL so go figure~ maaaan!! I love this kid~~

and his fed ex delivered golf balls~

and these are the three amigos who endlessly need to pee, poop or wander around outside. I love them! the Yorky is Abby, the lil brown dog is my Shih Tzu, Teddybear, the white maltese is Lilybelle. 

 Anyway, I have to find ways to get my *motor vated*! So for now I am going to paint a huge square in my closet in which to use as a frame to hang necklaces so I might actually remember I have them and start wearing them. I will post pics when I am finished!
LUVZ~
Until tomorrow.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment