WELCOME~

Growing up in a small town, we didn't have housing developments. What we had were streets lined mostly with trees and homes built by individuals. I remember when a small housing development began across town and I couldn't help but think how weird it was that a bunch of mostly identical homes were being built so close to each other... it was stark,ugly, and made me uncomfortable. I remember thinking I'd never live in a housing development..I'd always be in my own unique space. I was very young and I was very wrong. I didn't end up in a sunny cottage on the edge of town or a small farm out in the boonies.. I have landed in a house that's just like every 4th or 5th house in a housing development in small town suburbia. I realized that regardless of where you are..or what cookie cutter home one lives in, there are a buh-zillion and one ways to make it your own. From my own little suburban *cottage* you will find me posting anything from cooking to sewing to flower watching.. people watching, short stories, poetry, rants, raves and anything else you can imagine~ Please stay awhile, explore all little parts of my life. You may find your self, laughing, rolling your eyes, disgusted, inspired, aggravated, happy, ect ect ect..
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my joy~

Monday, March 26, 2012

The First Day~

  I got up this morning and decided to start daily outside walking again. (as opposed to the dreaded treadmill) I've walked on and off for years... probably more off than on. The reason for walking today was mental health related....but it turned into a rediscovery of  my neighborhood, the houses, the landscaping and scenery. I love anything blooming. Actually I find beauty in the leafless skeletal tree whose form is artful and graceful as well.
  I started out with my head down and just concentrating on walking, telling myself that my lil flab roll would thank me later, and the further away from my house the higher my head lifted.
    I have driven these streets for 5 years.. noticing occasionally the change of house colors, or a for sale sign, but I never really loooooked at the small details. I also tend to stay on same route to wherever I go. I have a pretty much same plan for getting where I;m going and I stick with it. Its a small town anyway, there are different ways to get to the same place, but for whatever reason, I take the same path most of the time.
 Today, as I walked..  my eyes opened more and more.. and I started seeing spring. I looked at everyones landscaping (or the lack of) as I passed each home. Some over done, some underdone, some tastefully done, some sadly neglected. I realized I should have taken my camera with me.. another long forgotten joy and hobby I had let go to the wayside. Before I knew it I was already planning to bring it the tomorrow, on my next walk.
  So filled with the beauty of spring I got excited thinking of the flowers and trees and beauty I was going to capture that I also decided I was going to write about it, and a hundred gazillion other things. I decided to write for my self esteem, my self discovery, self forgiveness, self healing, and a hundred other self's I haven't yet figured out.
And for the first time in a very long time I am happy~

I didn't get any pics of other ppls flowers and beautylushishnous but I will be posting a few of my own favoreite things from my back yard.

LUVZ~

No comments:

Post a Comment