WELCOME~

Growing up in a small town, we didn't have housing developments. What we had were streets lined mostly with trees and homes built by individuals. I remember when a small housing development began across town and I couldn't help but think how weird it was that a bunch of mostly identical homes were being built so close to each other... it was stark,ugly, and made me uncomfortable. I remember thinking I'd never live in a housing development..I'd always be in my own unique space. I was very young and I was very wrong. I didn't end up in a sunny cottage on the edge of town or a small farm out in the boonies.. I have landed in a house that's just like every 4th or 5th house in a housing development in small town suburbia. I realized that regardless of where you are..or what cookie cutter home one lives in, there are a buh-zillion and one ways to make it your own. From my own little suburban *cottage* you will find me posting anything from cooking to sewing to flower watching.. people watching, short stories, poetry, rants, raves and anything else you can imagine~ Please stay awhile, explore all little parts of my life. You may find your self, laughing, rolling your eyes, disgusted, inspired, aggravated, happy, ect ect ect..
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my joy~

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Best Barbecue Sauce Secret~

~Barbecue Sauce Love~
 The secret to getting your bbq sauce to stick to your food!


Tired of fighting to get your barbecue sauce to stick to your food? Tired of the burnt on mess it leaves in your oven and on your grill?

Read on to learn how to get the sauce to stick to your food~

 Most people brush their bbq sauce on their meat while it's on the grill..  and all it does is drip off..
 or if you have tried baking with it.. it drips off and creates a mess.
The juices from your meat cause it to slide off..
  The real deal to a thick scrumptious clingy coating of barbecue sauce is to cook, grill, bake, ect, your meat and during the last few minutes COOK YOUR SAUCE IN A SEPARATE PAN!  Let it get good and simmery.  Allow your meat rest for just a few minutes while the sauce is *cooking* on med heat for about 3-5 minutes. This does not have to be a rolling boil.
Reduce heat on the bbq sauce and allow to gently simmer, you'll see bubbles around the edges. Take your meat one piece at a time and dip it into the sauce.. roll it around to thoroughly coat and then place on your platter. do this to each piece until thoroughly coated.. if you have left over sauce pour it over the your chicken or meat on the platter, or set aside to use as dipping sauce.
There is something about cooking the bbq sauce that makes the sauce cling better.. and remember to let your ribs, chicken, pork, or whatever rest for just a few minutes.. no need to let it get cold, but letting it rest allows the juices to stop running and therefore removing the sauce!!
 For slab ribs or large pieces of meat.. after cooking place them on a baking sheet and let rest.. pour cooked sauce over ribs.
 I use Sweet Baby Ray's brand.. delicious~


LOOKIT THAT!






No comments:

Post a Comment