WELCOME~

Growing up in a small town, we didn't have housing developments. What we had were streets lined mostly with trees and homes built by individuals. I remember when a small housing development began across town and I couldn't help but think how weird it was that a bunch of mostly identical homes were being built so close to each other... it was stark,ugly, and made me uncomfortable. I remember thinking I'd never live in a housing development..I'd always be in my own unique space. I was very young and I was very wrong. I didn't end up in a sunny cottage on the edge of town or a small farm out in the boonies.. I have landed in a house that's just like every 4th or 5th house in a housing development in small town suburbia. I realized that regardless of where you are..or what cookie cutter home one lives in, there are a buh-zillion and one ways to make it your own. From my own little suburban *cottage* you will find me posting anything from cooking to sewing to flower watching.. people watching, short stories, poetry, rants, raves and anything else you can imagine~ Please stay awhile, explore all little parts of my life. You may find your self, laughing, rolling your eyes, disgusted, inspired, aggravated, happy, ect ect ect..
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my joy~

Monday, May 6, 2013

Crispy Fried Salmon Patties~


Light.Crispy.Delicious.
EASY!


Ingredients
I lg can canned Pink Salmon (14-15oz)
1 egg
1/2 panko bread crumbs
Garlic powder 1/2 tsp or to taste
Onion Power 3/4 tsp or to taste
Italian flat leaf parsley small bunch appr 1/6 cup chopped
sprig of rosemary minus the stalk
Fresh dill to taste (dont over do it.. I used about 2 sprigs minus the stalk)
salt & pepper to taste
(* a sprinkle or 2 of Old Bay Seasoning**Optional***)

1/2 c panko mixed with 1/2 cup flour to dredge patties in.


Finely chop parsley, rosemary and dill
 Into a mixing bowl add the canned salmon and about half the liquid in the can.
flake it and break up the larger pieces. add garlic powder, onion powder the fresh herbs, salt& pepper, and your egg. Mix thoroughly. 
Then stir in the panko until the pattie mix starts holding together.. you may need to use more or less panko... but the point is to use the panko to hold the mixture together JUST enough to form a patty. If you over do it.. you patty will be bready, dense, and bland.
  I use just enough to barely hold a shape before I dredge it. Dredging it adds yet more breading... I make small patties too.. it's easier to keep them moist and delicious. 
Once you have your salmon mix to where you want it.. 
Place your dredge on a paper plate or a shallow dish..
I take about 1/6 th of a cup of mix.. round it out into a small patty then place it into the dredge mix and carefully cover it in the dredge always being careful that the mix is still somewhat loose.
 Do this til the whole bowl is gone. You can if you want place them into hot oil as you make them or make them ahead.. letting the oil heat in your frying pan (i use an iron skillet) as you make the patties.. 
  Once you have placed your patties in your hot oil, it's important to let them completely cook on one side before you turn them so don't be in a huge rush to flip them..  When they are nice deep golden brown you may carefully flip them. Letting them crisp nicely on on side before you flip helps hold your patty together. One may break on you anyway.. but that,s ok just keep frying. Continue frying until the second side is as nice and crispy golden as the first. 
 Remove from pan , place on a paper plate to drain excess oil.
I serve mine with garlic fries and lemon wedges to squeeze over your patty! 
  If cooked correctly the outside should be crispy and delicious and the inside moist, soft, and flavorful.. especially the dill.. 
YUUUUUUUUUMMMM!!!!


 Happy Frying!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment